Friday, May 22, 2020
**Happy Memorial Day! No School on Monday, May 25.**
"As we set today aside to honor and thank our veterans, let us be mindful
that we should do this every day of the year and not just one." -- Beth Pennington
- Due to Memorial Day, there will NOT be grab and go lunches available on Monday. (Sorry).
- Bus run is on Tuesday. The final bus run to collect turn in work AND checked out Chromebooks will be Mon June 1. The wonderful Ms. Katherine will be making the rounds with Bus Driver Doug to bring Chromebooks home for maintenance this summer.
- 8:30 - 9:15 am - Shasta View bus stop (St. James Lutheran Church)
- 9:30 - 10:15 am - Shasta Lanes Bowling Alley bus stop
- 10:30 - 11:15 am - Downtown bus stop (Sacramento St between East and Pine Streets)
- 11:45 - 3:15 pm - Chrysalis in front of the administration building and daily thereafter from 8:00 to 3:15 pm
- In case you missed it, we need your input on possible reopening scenarios.Take the survey HERE
- You are invited to the Chrysalis promotion ceremony! We will be having a non-contact, drive-in ceremony followed by a car parade on Thursday, June 4, at 9:00 AM (to stay cool). When you arrive, a staff member will direct you to a parking spot and you can tune into the ceremony via your FM radio dial. After speeches (around 9:30 AM), Dr. Irene will give the signal and you can parade around our graduates, cheer, honk your horns, and celebrate! There are some rules...
- Everyone attending (except graduates and staff) must remain in their vehicles for the duration of the ceremony.
- Vehicles must be enclosed and cannot include motorcycles, convertibles with the top open, vehicle with no doors or bicycles.
- Attendees sharing a vehicle must reside in the same household
- No bathrooms for public use.
- Remember to write a note or draw a picture for our 8th grade graduates to include in their goodie bag at the promotion ceremony! These may be dropped off at Chrysalis or via the bus run.
- Angel Albee
- Makena Amaya
- Mackinzee Amoroso
- Lilly Brooks
- Charlie Fator
- Ryan Futrell
- Rosie Giddens
- Jason Icely
- Liam Lassonde
- Madeline Meyer
- Rosalee Northcote
- Nolan Parrott
- Stevie Pasillas
- Jait Reis
- Harmony Self
- Kayleen Severson
- Brooklyn Sigmann
- Gabrielle Thibodeau
- Lillith Wallen
- Ana Weese
- Sorry that the Parent training at SCOE happened just before the newsletter was sent out! They collected all the resources from that training into a FOLDER. In the attachments I have included a flyer with more information.
- School Counselor Melissa sends joy and care to all of you with this week's mental health newsletter: https://conta.cc/2zfhJPF
- Dr. Irene needs help for 8th grade promotion please! Send her an e-mail if you are interested irene [at] chrysalischarter.org and she'll find you a task that fits your availability and schedule.
- We need 15 more prizes for our Read-a-thon (variety of ages K-8 please). Right now we have some incredible new or gently used gifts including sleeping bags, craft kits, science kits, stuffed animals and so much more!
- On Tuesday, May 5th, 2020, the Redding City Council agreed unanimously to move forward with Redding Recreation Summer programming. Barring any hard closures that may come from the Governor or federal government, and with continued efforts to follow local public health guidelines, summer programming will be provided as scheduled to the community. This is exciting news for Redding Recreation, parents who need childcare services this summer, and kids who have been quarantined all spring. Visit reddingrecreation.org to view the new CivicRec platform.