Friday - 4th and 5th to Lassen all day
Everyone else on campus or walking
- Monday was Read Across America / Dr. Seuss Day and it was such a fantastic celebration of books and their authors. We are ever so thankful to all the parents who came to help or brought in yummy treats for the students. We couldn’t do it without you!
- We are SO proud of the Odyssey of the Mind team who earned FIRST PLACE in their regional competition last weekend and is on their way to the state championship! Thank you so much to Ms. Corinne for her amazing leadership and support.
- And ALL THREE VEX robotics teams are headed to their state championship next weekend. Please wish them luck and give a shout out to their coaches Yana and Scott. No other North State school has been successful in having every single student in their VEX club qualify for state. What an amazing achievement for a first year team.
- Tomorrow is the last day of spirit week! Pajama day for the whole school. Can’t wait to see you in your bunny slippers and bathrobe :)
- The lottery for enrollment is just 1 month away on Friday, April 3. If you have any friends that might be interested in an amazing small school community with the most passionate teachers and a learning experience full of science and nature, please make sure they get a tour scheduled and apply before the lottery.
- It is time to start getting ready for the 2020 Chrysalis Talent Show that will be held Thursday, May 21st! If you want to be in the Talent Show this year and haven’t chosen your act, it is time to do that and start practicing on your own time. Last year’s show was a tremendous success. There are some important deadlines and guidelines that you will need to take note of. Check the Chrysalis newsletter for updates or email Miss Cheri if you have any questions. cheri [at] chrysalischarter.org
1. The attached form along with a copy of the lyrics or any speaking parts needs to be turned into Miss Cheri by Monday, March 23 rd . I also need a copy of lyrics for any music that will be used - dancing, singing, speaking parts, etc. The lyrics need to be family friendly and appropriate for school.
2. Students may perform in two acts (an individual act and a group act).
3. Performances need to be no more than three minutes long. Double check the length of your song if a song or music is used before choosing a song or dance.
4. Performers will audition for their class and teacher during the week of May 5 th -8th, so practice and be prepared.
5. In addition to a copy of the lyrics due March 23rd, anyone that is using background music for singing, dancing or any other purpose needs to have a copy of the background CD to Miss Cheri no later than Monday, April 20th for tryouts and the master CD we will make for the show. If you are singing to music you need to find a karaoke version (background vocals only) of the song you will be singing along with.
6. We will have a rehearsal after lunch the day of the talent show.
- We have more good news for you! Project SHARE will be operating a summer program at Chrysalis this summer!
June 15, 2020 - July 31, 2020.
Hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Five days per week - $160.00
Three days per week - $125.00
Discounts: Prepay entire summer by May 1st get 10% off
Sibling discount is 10% off per child
NOTE: For students attending Chrysalis academic summer school (by teacher invitation), there is a $95 per week half day option.
Additional Summer SHARE programs will operate at West Cottonwood Elementary and Meadow Lane Elementary.
To reserve a space for your child, we are offering a pre-registration option. To pre-register and secure a space for your child, please use the following link:
Once there, click on the “Summer Registration” option, and submit your payment to hold a space.* , Next, please fill out the attached fillable Summer Registration Form and turn in to your Project SHARE site or to the Project SHARE Office at 1644 Magnolia in Redding.
If your child is on the SCOE Alternative Pay program or another third party payment program, please call our office for instructions.
*Please note that spaces are limited, therefore a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 per child is required to register your child for the summer program. This amount will be credited to your child’s first week of summer program.
Questions? Call 245-7830.
We look forward to seeing your children this summer and providing a fun, interactive and safe place for them to be.
I have been struck by the patience, support, and resilience I’ve already seen in our community as we tackle these challenges. You are our greatest resource. Should our school need to close or if the situation changes quickly, we will notify you via Parent Square. If the situation remains stable, we will continue to update our community regularly.
Mrs. Crystal is looking for a donation of a detective outfit. A beige colored rain coat in particular that she could borrow would be great. She is hoping to dress up as a “Text Detective” for an upcoming language arts lesson. If you can help with her detective wishes, that would be awesome!
4th annual Girl Powered VEX Robotics Workshop at Google for girls between grades 3 and 12. So far, we have had over 1,500 girls participate in these events, several hundred of whom have gone on to form teams and compete in the VEX Robotics Competition. If you are interested in participating in this weekend-long event, please reference the attached flyer to register.
- Tues, Mar 10 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 11 - 4pm board meeting
- Fri, Mar 20 - NO SCHOOL, Saint Patrick’s Day long weekend
- Thu, Mar 26 6:30 pm Restorative Chats and Tools for Conflict Resolution parent education night!
- Wed, Apr 1, 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Mon, Apr 6 - Mon, Apr 13 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break (school resumes Tues, April 14)
- Wed, Apr 15, 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Thu, Apr 30 - Sun, May 3 - spring camping at Yosemite
- Mon, May 4 - NO SCHOOL - camping trip recovery day