Thursday, January 30, 2020
Grades 4-5 to Delevan National Wildlife Refuge
Grades 6-8 to Palo Cedro Park
Homeschool 9:55 am meet at Turtle Bay for field trip
- Tomorrow at City Hall, please join the Shasta County Office of Education, Redding’s Art in the City and Culture of Celebration Team to honor our very own Mr. Casey and 28 other educators that have really made a huge difference to kids in our region. The reception will be held at City Hall as part of Redding’s Cultural Cruise event on Friday, January 31, 2020, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Live music will be presented by the North State Symphony. The strings trio will play in the lobby from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Teachers have been reaching out this week to families to offer opportunities to meet for parent conferences. Some parents feel content to only meet in the Fall, some parents want to meet at both times, and some parents feel like we meet periodically and casually enough throughout the year. We look forward to seeing many of you Feb 11-14.
- First grade will be doing a bake sale next week Wednesday to raise money for the firefighters in Australia.
- Just a reminder that with our new lunch providers, the prices and way lunches are paid has changed. We really appreciate your help in transitioning to the new system. The kids are so excited and thankful for the wonderful, tasty lunches. Full price meals are $3.50. Reduced price meals are .40 cents. Payments can be made with cash, check or online at ezschoolpay.com. Note, there is a service charge for online payments. Please do not to use the old lunch site through Enterprise School District.
- SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2020 8:30 AM TO 2:30 P.M - WOMEN in STEM Conference for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls. Increase interest and awareness, combat stereotypes, cultivate a sense of belonging, and provide young women with the opportunity to meet and form personal
contacts with professional women in STEM career fields. COST: $20 per student, $20 per adult
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 22nd WHEN REGISTRATION
CLOSES. James M. Grant Student Life Center SIMPSON UNIVERSITY 2211 College View Dr. REDDING, CA 96003
- Saturday, February 29th 8:30-2:30 - Wow! That's Engineering Event for 4th - 6th grade girls. Experience the creativity and innovation of engineering and technology. Meet members of the Society of Women Engineers and hear first-hand about their exciting careers. Participate in 3
hands-on workshops where girls can learn about the scientific process and engineering! U-Prep High School, $10 per person.
- Fri Feb 7 9:45 Wild things Show
- Tue, Feb 11-Fri, Feb 14 - MINIMUM DAYS 12:30 release for parent conferences
- Wed, Feb 12 - 4pm board meeting
- Mon, Feb 17-Fri, Feb 21 - NO SCHOOL, February break
- Tues, Mar 10 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 11 - 4pm board meeting
- Fri, Mar 20 - NO SCHOOL, Saint Patrick’s Day long weekend
- Mon, Apr 6 - Mon, Apr 13 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break (school resumes Tues, April 14