** NO SCHOOL Monday, January 20. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” **
Send a rain coat tomorrow! We’re all staying close to campus due to the weather, but teachers are hoping for a break in the rain to take the kids outdoors if they can.
- Pie-a-teacher and other annual giving news - A huge shout out to Mr. Nick who “won” a pie in the face for collecting the most money in his annual giving donation jar. He was such a great sport. Thank you to all the families who donated to the campaign. Who won the Disney tickets in the raffle? —> the Wallace/Cole clan is going to Disneyland! Congratulations.
- February conferences - Mid-year parent conferences are coming up February 11 - 14. Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to you soon about how to sign up. Many teachers choose to dive deeper with families of kids who are struggling in various ways this round, which means they might not have enough time to meet with every family. However, if YOU have concerns, there are still ways to connect. Never fear. That will be part of the sign up/reach out process that you should see in the next week or so.
- Basketball - Remember… Co-ed basketball will be starting up very soon. Save the date for a family info meeting after school on Thu, Jan 23.
- VEX Robotics - Congratulations to our three VEX Robotics teams who competed in their first tournament on Saturday. The students were AMAZING and one of the teams has qualified to go to state! Let’s see if the other two teams can qualify at their next local tournament in February. Thank you to our Coaches, Yana and Scott, for the amazing support they are giving these kids.
- School Safety - We had a fantastic Site Council meeting today to discuss school safety. We invite any parents interested in participating in that wonderful team to join us for our next meeting March 5, 3:30 pm to dig deeper. Heads up… we will be having a combination lockdown + fire drill next week, with Foothill High School’s resource officers on site to help give all the staff feedback. In addition, there have been many news reports of children bringing firearms to school (thankfully never at Chrysalis!). In many instances, the child obtained the firearm(s) from his or her home. These incidents can be easily prevented by storing firearms in a safe and secure manner, including keeping them locked up when not in use and storing them separately from ammunition. See the attached memo with detailed information about safe firearm storage.
- Mon, Jan 20 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tue, Feb 11-Fri, Feb 14 - MINIMUM DAYS 12:30 release for parent conferences
- Mon, Feb 17-Fri, Feb 21 - NO SCHOOL, February break
- Tues, Mar 10 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 11 - 4pm board meeting
- Fri, Mar 20 - NO SCHOOL, Saint Patrick’s Day long weekend
- Mon, Apr 6 - Mon, Apr 13 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break (school resumes Tues, April 14)