Thursday, January 9, 2020
Friday, 10:30 am - Grades 6-8 is off to plant acorns
Everyone else on campus or walking
- Welcome back - It’s been so wonderful to welcome everyone back to school after the holiday break. We missed you all so much!
- Chrysalis is hiring! - We have 2 open paraprofessional positions (one in special education and the other in middle school) and have officially opened a nation-wide search for our next Administrator/Superintendent. Dr. Irene, will be embarking on a "gap year" of travel and adventure with her family starting July 2021. Chrysalis' goal over the next year and a half is to successfully transition in new leadership and re-affirm our identity as a teacher powered school. Don’t worry… Irene isn’t going anywhere just yet. She will be gradually working herself out of a job over the course of the 2020-21 school year as she helps train the new Administrator. If you or anyone you know is interested in joining the Chrysalis team, either as a paraprofessional or as our Administrator/Superintendent, this is the time! There’s some exciting, shiny, bright possibilities ahead for Chrysalis and we want you to be part of it!
- Special Education Instructional Aide: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1263181
- Middle School Instructional Aide: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1249821
- Administrator: should be up on EdJoin and our Facebook page in the next 24 hours or so...
- Annual Giving Campaign Raffle and Pie-a-Teacher - Join us next week Tuesday, Jan 14, in the school gym at 9:55 to conclude our Annual Giving Campaign. We will raffle off a pair of park hopper tickets to Disneyland / California Adventure, AND a student will pie the teacher who collected the most money in their donation jar. A gift of ANY amount qualifies your family for the raffle, yes, even just a handful of change. In addition, if we can reach 80% participation, then Dr. Irene will get a pie in the face too!
- Minimum day - Next week Tuesday, Jan 14 is a 12:30 release minimum day for teacher collaboration. The bus will run on the minimum day schedule.
- Vex robotics competition - Come to Sequoia middle school this Saturday, Jan 11 to cheer on our VEX robotics team in their first ever tournament! Festivities begin around 9:30.
- Basketball - Co-ed basketball will be starting up in January. Save the date for a family info meeting after school on Thu, Jan 23. We expect practices to begin Tue, Jan 28 and will typically take place after school on Tuesdays and Fridays, with a few exceptions. Game days are Mon and Wed starting Feb 24 and continuing through spring break. Keep your eye on Parent Square for more information.
- Middle school families - The lingo in a high school course catalog can be really confusing. What’s the difference between Honors and Advanced Placement Courses? or the difference between Dual Enrollment and Concurrent Enrollment? This link takes you to a document that demystifies the lingo for these rigorous high school course options: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_YWXoWQjAX6mp-acO8V1Bc-JVWmMKayO/view
- Does your child love to sing? Shasta Beloved Community Children's Choir (SBCCC) is look for kids to join in this year's MLK Day celebration on Jan 20th at the MLK Center. The two songs that the kids are doing are very simple, so they can focus on the fun and spirit of the day. Here's a link to the SBCC web presence on meetup.com, where people can keep up with the rehearsal schedule and event notices: https://www.meetup.com/SBC-Childrens-Choir/
- Upcoming Events
- Tue, Jan 14 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Thu, Jan 16 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Mon, Jan 20 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tue, Feb 11-Fri, Feb 14 - MINIMUM DAYS 12:30 release for parent conferences
- Mon, Feb 17-Fri, Feb 21 - NO SCHOOL, February break
- Tues, Mar 10 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 11 - 4pm board meeting
- Fri, Mar 20 - NO SCHOOL, Saint Patrick’s Day long weekend
- Mon, Apr 6 - Mon, Apr 13 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break (school resumes Tues, April 14