* Happy Holidays!!! Enjoy this special season with your children and see you Tuesday, January 7, at 8:30 am! **
None! No School tomorrow through Monday, January 6. School resumes Tuesday, January 7.
* Chrysalis Together - We are so so grateful to so many of you for giving to the Chrysalis annual giving campaign that is raising money for all the wonderful enriching things that makes Chrysalis so great - sports, robotics, odyssey of the mind, camping, rafting, and funding our multipurpose room dream. Thank you all for meeting the $2000 challenge goal set by our business sponsors. The following amazing local businesses went above and beyond. We are ever so grateful to each and every one of them. Please consider shopping local this holiday and supporting wonderful local treasures like these:
- Moore’s Flour Mill
- Palo Cedro Feed
- Country Strong Fitness
- Larry David from the Real Estate Group
- Good Times Pizza and Things
- Rise Custom Apparel
* Running club - Thank you to Country Strong Fitness for empowering a group of our students to start a Tuesday lunch-time running club for our students. It begins in January and will hopefully encourage strong minds and strong bodies in all the kids that choose to participate.
* Lockdown drill - We had a very successful lockdown drill yesterday with all of our students. Sadly, in this day and age it is necessary to practice worst case scenario drills to ensure that all the staff and students know what to do to stay safe. Good news — the students did GREAT and everything was locked up tight and secure within seconds. Our next drill will take place in January with the Foothill High School resource officer on campus to give us immediate feedback, and in coordination with our neighbors Redding Christian School.
* Uniform complaint - Chrysalis is responsible for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, including those related to: pupil fees; textbooks and instructional materials; clean and safe, well-maintained school facilities; teacher vacancies or misassignments; and freedom from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying against any protected group. Please feel free to reach out to Dr. Irene if you are concerned about any concerns about the school suffered by you or your child. Or feel free to use the “Uniform Complaint Form” attached here> https://www.chrysalischarter.org/sites/default/files/documents/uniform_complaint_form_2017_revised.pdf This confidential report goes to Irene Salter.
- Fri, Dec 20 - Fri, Jan 3 - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
- Mon, Jan 6 - NO SCHOOL - Employee planning day
- Tue, Jan 7 - Welcome back to school!
- Wed, Jan 8 - 4pm Board meeting
- Tue, Jan 14 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Thu, Jan 16 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Mon, Jan 20 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Jr. Day