** NO SCHOOL Monday, November 11. It’s Veteran’s Day — with deepest respect and gratitude to all the veterans in our Chrysalis family. **
** Tuesday, November 12 is a 12:30 release minimum day. **
- 4th grade to Wintu Museum
- Everyone else on campus or walking
- The middle school dance is tomorrow, Friday, November 8 from 6-9 pm in the gym. Come in costume. Spaghetti straps will be allowed but otherwise costumes must conform to dress code. No fake weapons permitted. Thanks to all those who are helping to organize, set up, chaperone, and clean up — particularly the 8th grade students for taking the lead.
- Mark your calendars for Family STEM Night, coming up Thursday, November 21. The teachers fill the gym with a fabulous mix of science, technology, engineering and math activities that are fun for the whole family. Will Dr. Irene read your mind with math? Will you build a marble run with Mr. Casey? Will you go sledding with Ms. Holly? Dinner is available on pre-order (a parent square message coming soon).
- What are “orange slips”? These are literally orange slips of paper that staff use to communicate with one another and parents/guardians about behavior and social incidents that happen here at school. It makes sure that if something happens, all the people that need to know about it are informed. It also helps us discover patterns of behavior that emerge over time so we can intervene. Orange slips aren’t a consequence in and of themselves — for that we use natural consequences, restorative chats, community restoration, or in serious cases, silent lunch, classes-only detention or suspension. Orange slips don’t follow a kid to their next school. We believe in giving kids a clean slate to start a new school (except for suspensions and expulsions which we are required to report by law) so orange slips are purely internal and never a part of a child’s “permanent record”. Orange slips aren’t a bad thing; we see them as an opportunity to help a child learn from a mistake so they don’t make it again.
- How sick is too sick for school?
- Keep home if temperature higher than 100 degrees even after taking medicine, if throwing up, if diarrhea, if eyes are pink and crusty.
- Send me to school if just a runny nose or a little cough, no fever for 24 hours, no throwing up for 24 hours, no diarrhea for 24 hours.
- Please come share your passion with our students! Chrysalis will be starting its next session of electives starting on December 3rd and going until March 3rd. Electives are three times a month on Tuesdays from 12:55-2:00 pm. If you have an idea, please let Mr. Casey know at casey [at] chrysalischarter.org. I must know by November 18th so that I can add you to the sign up for the following day, but ASAP is better.
- Fri, Nov 8, middle school dance
- Mon, Nov 11 - NO SCHOOL - Veteran’s Day
- Tue, Nov 12, MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Nov 13, 4 pm Board meeting
- Thu, Nov 21, 6 pm STEM night
- Mon, Nov 25-29 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- Tue, Dec 10, MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Tue, Dec 10, 6 pm - Winter performance
- Wed, Dec 11, 4 pm Board meeting
- Fri, Dec 20 - Fri, Jan 3 - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
- Mon, Jan 6 - NO SCHOOL - Employee planning day
- Tue, Jan 7 - Welcome back to school!