Rafting Trip. K-5 and homeschool have already gone and had a blast! 6-8 are heading to the river tomorrow. They leave school at 10:30, Arrive at Anderson River Park around 11:00, and will be launching around 12:00.
- Moving the downtown bus stop - The downtown bus stop is moving a few blocks and will now pick up and drop off on Sacramento St, between Pine and East Streets. The bus would come up East Street, turn on Sacramento Street heading west, and stop by the public parking lot. The scheduled pick up and drop off times remain the same.
- Collaboration day - Mark your calendars! Tuesday, Sept 10 is a 12:30 RELEASE MINIMUM DAY. Kids get out of school at 12:30 pm and the bus drops off on the Minimum Day schedule: 12:50 at St. James Lutheran Church, 1:05 in Downtown, and 1:15 at Shasta Lanes Bowling Alley.
- Picture day - Picture day is next week! Can’t wait to see those amazing smiles captured by Photographer Betsey’s amazing camera. Wednesday, Sept 11 is K-3 and homeschoolers (and the all school photo) while Thursday, Sept 12 is grades 4-8. *** We will need 2 volunteers on both pictures days, please contact us if you are able to help!***
- Perfect attendance - Congratulations to the following students who received a perfect attendance certificate giving them to their choice of $17.50 at the book fair OR a pizza, popcorn and movie night with Dr. Irene! Perfect attendance awards are given to students who have either not missed a day of school all year OR completed an independent study packet to make up any absences.
- Lillith Wallen
- Maia Osgood
- Carolyn Salter
- Harmony Self
- Cedric Graeff
- Liam Lassonde
- Raphael Lewis
- Logan Campbell
- Ryan Futrell Watts
- Audrey Graeff
- Tristan Blais
- Caiden Campbell
- Claire Campbell
- Independent Study Packets - An independent study packet is work assigned by your child’s teacher to approximate a day’s worth of school work for family trips, sick but capable of academic work, or other excused absences. Why is it important? A completed independent study packet counts your child as “here” for the day and eligible for perfect attendance rewards. Moreover, our school gets the majority of its funding through “average daily attendance” — the number of kids who attend school each day — so a completed independent study packet is basically a $43 check to the school. According to our policies, each child may participate in five days of independent study for each school year. Contracts are typically issued for students that are absent due to illness or a family vacation for three or more days. Teachers may extend the number of independent study days or issue a packet for a period less than three days at their discretion. The sooner we know you want independent study, the more student-centered we can make their assignments.
- Are dogs allowed on the Siskiyou camping trip? - Our Chrysalis camping trip policy is that dogs must be kept leashed, should not be left unattended, and you must pick up after your pet. Lake Siskiyou Resort says: "We are a pet friendly campground. The fee for pets is $2.00 per pet/per night at campsites, $20 per pet/per night only at Retro trailers and Marina Cabins. County Ordinance #5 requires all domestic pets be leashed at all times. Pets are not to be left unattended. No traditionally-categorized aggressive breeds (pit bull, doberman, rottweilers, chow, wolf or any mixes of these) are allowed in the campground. Pets are not permitted at the beach or picnic areas.”
- Wed Sept 4- Fri Sep 6 - rafting trip
- Tue, Sept 10 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Wed, Sept 11 – Board meeting, 4:00 pm
- Wed, Sept 11 - Picture Day for grades K-3 and homeschool
- Thu, Sept 12 - Picture Day for grades 4-8
- Fri, Sept 27 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 start camping trip
- Fri, Sept 27 – Sun, Sept 29 - Siskyou camping trip
- Sept 27-29 - fall camping at Lake Siskiyou
- Mon, Sept 30 -- NO SCHOOL - camping trip recovery day
- Mon, Oct 14 - Thu, Oct 17 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for parent conferences
- Fri, Oct 18 and Mon, Oct 21 - NO SCHOOL - October recess
- Thu, Oct 31 - Fall Festival