Thursday, May 2, 2019
** 12:30 pm release MINIMUM DAYS tomorrow, Friday May 3, and on Monday May 6 **
We’re going camping! We are soooooo excited!
- The weather report says it will be sunny but much cooler on the coast. Pack warm jackets, sleeping bags, and hats for the night and mornings when the temperature will dip into the 40s.
- If your child is NOT coming to school on Friday, please check in with Irene between 2 and 4 pm for a community service assignment.
- If you are staying in the Chrysalis group campground, check in time is 2:00 to 6:30pm on Friday. If you arrive after 6:30, "self-check in” instructions will be posted on the silver horse trailer.
- And don’t forget to pack your own dishes, cups and utensils if you are eating with Chrysalis!
- What an amazing symphony concert this week. A brass ensemble from the North State Symphony performed a selection of pieces from around the world.
- May is Bike Month and we’ve got a slew of biking activities in the next month - biking around camp this weekend, Bike to School day on Wednesday May 8, and the middle school bike trip Friday May 10. Check that your child’s helmet and bike fit them. Check your bike’s ABCs - air, brakes, chain. If your child needs to borrow a bike or needs a helmet, please add a comment to the contact the office and we will do our best to find a loaner bike and get your child a helmet.
- Students in grades 3-8 will be state testing next week. There’s an excellent website for parents to learn more about state testing — what’s on the test, how to read the reports, and more: https://ca.startingsmarter.org/ As you know, Chrysalis does not focus on testing (we focus on helping your kid’s light shine) but your student’s participation helps the teachers and school to prove to the outside world that our unique approach still allows our students to outshine other students at other schools. You can help your child be there best by ensuring that they are well rested and have a good balanced breakfast. Thanks for your support!
- Next year’s school calendar will be released soon. We generally follow the Shasta Union High School District calendar that you can find here: http://www.suhsd.net/documents/Parents/Calendar/2019-20%20School%20Calendar.pdf However, I thought you might like to know some of the key dates:
- August 14 - First day of school
- September 20-22 - Fall camping trip (probably Lake Siskiyou)
- April 30 - May 3 - Spring camping trip (probably Yosemite)
- June 4 - Last day of school
- Mind-Body Skills Small Group - Tuesday Evenings, 6:30-8:30pm May 14-July 2, 2019 - Lead by Chrysalis Parent, Amy Cavalleri, Participants will:
Learn and practice evidence-based techniques that can relieve stress and heal trauma,
Experience the benefits of coming together and sharing in a safe, confidential, small-group setting,
Explore the connection between chronic stress, trauma and emotional/physical health.
- Fri, May 3 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release -- camping trip
- May 3-5 - Camping trip on the Redwood coast!
- Mon, May 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- May 10 Middle school biking trip
- May 7-10 - Teacher appreciation week
- Wed, May 8 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Tue, May 14 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, May 15 - Talent Show
- Thu, May 23 - 3pm Parent Club meeting
- Mon, May 27- NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation