Mental Health Support

Chrysalis is committed to making school a safe place both physically and emotionally. We are incredibly lucky to have a licensed school counselor here on campus to support students. Our school counselor enables our kids' lights to shine brightly by providing education, prevention, intervention and support to students. Her work takes place individually, in small groups, whole class, or whole school depending on the needs and circumstances. If your child is struggling with something emotionally, socially, or behaviorally, we want to know and we want to help. Families, teachers, and students may request a counseling session with our school counselor through their child’s teacher, the Administrator, or directly with the school counselor. Continued support beyond the initial meeting is on a space available basis. If space is not available, or if family/home-based counseling is recommended, then the school counselor can provide families with a list of mental health and counseling resources in the area.

If a parent believes his or her child may have a disability related to mental or emotional health, then a special education assessment may be requested through their child’s teacher, the Administrator, or the Special Education Director.

Chrysalis Charter School will not tolerate behavior that infringes on the safety or well-being of any student. A student shall not intimidate, harass, bully, or discriminate against another student through words or actions, on or off campus. Such behavior includes: direct physical contact, verbal assaults, social isolation or manipulation, and/or cyberbullying. 

Students and their families can rely on staff to promptly investigate each complaint of intimidation, harassment, bullying, or discrimination in a thorough and confidential manner, typically within 3 school days of the complaint being brought to a staff member’s attention. If the complainant student or the parent of the student feels that appropriate resolution of the investigation or complaint has not been reached, the student or the parent of the student should contact the Administrator. Should a complainant disagree with the Administrator’s resolution, then he or she may appeal to the Executive Board. The school system prohibits retaliatory behavior against any complainant or any participant in the complaint process.

You may also use the Uniform Complaint Form to submit a concern.