Aside from the close relationships you develop with the staff, our main way of communicating with families is through Parent Square, a private communication platform for schools. Through Parent Square you can:
- Receive all school and classroom communication via email, text or app
- Share pictures and files
- View the school calendar and the calendar for your child’s classroom(s)
- Easily sign up to volunteer and/or bring items
- Log your volunteer hours
- Donate to school fundraising campaigns
If you do nothing, you’ll simply receive school and class messages via the primary e-mail found in your registration materials. On the other hand, if you register for Parent Square you can access all communications from one centralized place to your computer or smart phone via email and/or text. There's a FREE App that you can download from iTunes or Google Play. If you want to add other family members to Parent Square, just ask.
You should have received an invitation email or text to join Parent Square when you first enroll your child. Please click the link to activate your account and register. It takes only a minute. This is what you need to do:
- Create a password
- Click the box to agree to the terms
- Click Register
- Once you register, you can click on your name in the upper right corner to modify your account settings (and activate some of the features such as receiving school notifications by text or getting all your messages in digest form once a day, rather than instantaneously whenever they are posted).
All parent volunteer hours are logged via Parent Square. To do so, login and click on the "Volunteer Hours" tab on the lower left side of the screen. There, you can record your volunteer hours. A computer is available in the office so that you can conveniently log your hours when you sign in to the office.